There’s still plenty of time to get your lawn renovated for fall seeding. Keep in mind the time limits you must wait before seeding after applying chemicals varies from chemical to chemical. Always read your label!
- KleenUp is a nonselective herbicide that kills weeds within just a few days and is out of your soil in 7 to 10 days. KleenUp can be used to spot treat problem areas or kill off your entire lawn to start fresh.
- Dr Earth Weed Stop Organic Weed Killer is an organic alternative to KleenUp
- pH Test Strips to check your soil’s pH. Grasses prefer a pH between 6.2 and 7.0.
- Ma-I-Cal to raise your pH if it’s too low. One application raises your pH approximately one point.
- Ken Matthews Blend Fescue Seed is a custom fescue blend based on the recommendations from Virginia Tech and is blended especially for the Hampton Roads area.
- Jonathan Green New Seeding Fertilizer is the perfect choice for newly seeded lawns.
- Jonathan Green GreenUp is great for feeding existing lawns.
Insect & Disease Control
Keep an eye on temperatures, most chemicals have temperature limits and should not be sprayed in temperatures above that limit.
- Neem Oil. Because it’s Organic, Neem Oil is perfect for control disease and insects on your veggies, herbs and fruits.
- Rose Shield to protect your plants against fungus, insects and mites. Best used on ornamental trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Copper Fungicide to quickly control fungal diseases like powdery mildew, rust, leaf curl and more.
- Rose Rx, a systemic control that protects plants for up to 6 weeks, meaning you spend less time spraying!
- Eight Insecticide to control multiple types of insects.
Get ready for fall planting!
- Lobster Compost to add organic matter and amend clay or sandy soils.
- Preen to prevent weeds in your garden beds so you aren’t spending your summer hand-pulling them out later.
- Mulch your garden beds and around trees and shrubs. Not only does mulch make your garden look tidier, it also helps soil retain moisture and aids in the prevention of weeds.
Remember to thoroughly read your label to know how often you need to fertilize.
- Fertilome Tree & Shrub Fertilizer is a great all-purpose fertilizer for all trees and shrubs.
- HollyTone for the feeding of acid loving trees and shrubs.
- Fox Farm All Purpose Fertilizer for all your plant needs.
- Fox Farm Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer, formulated for vegetable to encourage healthy plants and large yields.
- Fox Farm Fruit and Flower Fertilizer for your fruiting plants (from Apples and Peaches to Raspberries and Blueberries) and all flowering shrubs, annuals and perennials.
- Dynamite Slow-Release Fertilizer for Flowers and Veggies. Use once when you plant and then sit back and relax, Dynamite will fertilize for up to 9 months!
- AlgaeFix kills algae quickly in both ponds and fountains.
- Simply Clear clarifies murky water with natural bacteria.
- Microbe Lift adds beneficial bacteria to improve the conditions of your pond by removing pollutants.
- Koi Vibrance Fish Food to keep your fish fed. Hungry Koi are known to nibble on plant matter, so keep them fed and keep your plants uneaten!
- Raised Bed Soil for new and existing raised beds. It works great in containers too.
- Potting Soil for indoor containers, outdoor containers and hanging baskets.
- Root Stimulant to encourage new root development and to prevent transplant shock in new plantings.
- Vole Bags to use around the root ball of new plantings to prevent hungry voles from munching the root systems of new plants.
- Birdseed & Suet to start filling your feeders for fall and winter birds.