Whether you have a lawn the size of a postage stamp, a five-acre spread or something in between, Ken Matthews Garden Center has what you need to get your lawn into shape.
Ken Matthews Blend Fescue
Blended according to the Virginia Extension’s Turfgrass Recommendation, our Ken Matthews Blend is ideal for the Hampton Roads area. As a cool season grass, it retains its beautiful dark green color year-round and is perfect for full to part sun areas?
Have a severely shaded yard? We also have a Severe Shade blend for those areas where regular grass just won’t grow.
We offer both Fescue and Zoysia sod seasonally, only through pre-order.
Fescue sod is available beginning in late spring through late fall.
Zoysia sod is available beginning once ground temperatures are consistently above 50 degrees and throughout the summer.
- Jonathan Green Mag-I-Cal – A calcium-based product to raise soil pH. Can be used in place of Lime.
- Jonathan Green Seeding and Sodding Fertilizer – A fertilizer that helps new seed and sod establish itself faster.
- Jonathan Green GreenUp – An all-purpose lawn fertilizer for all over health.
- Jonathan Green Winter Survival – A fertilizer to help your lawn prepare for winter.
- Jonathan Green Crabgrass Preventer with GreenUp – A crabgrass pre-emergent with a lawn fertilizer.
- Jonathan Green Lawn Weed Control – A broadleaf weed control.
- Jonathan Green Weed and Feed – A broadleaf weed control and lawn fertilizer.
- Bonide Weed Beater Ultra – A liquid broadleaf weed control that controls over 200 broadleaf weeds and can be used in temperatures as low as 40 degrees.
- Bonide KleenUp – A nonselective herbicide, it’s 40% stronger than RoundUp and is out of your soil in 7 day.
- Dr Earth Final Stop – An organic, nonselective herbicide made with essential oils to kill undesirable plants without chemicals.
- Fertilome Over the Top – A grass weed control that can be used in and around most ornamentals
- Fertilome Weed-Out – A crabgrass and broadleaf weed control.
- Monterey Turflon Ester – A weed control for Bermuda grass, kikuyu grass and certain broadleaf weeds.
- Sedgehammer – A weed control for nutsedge.
- Bonide Insect & Grub Control – An insect control that controls above and below surface insects such as grubs, ticks and fleas.
- Fertilome Dipel Dust – A biological insect control for lawn and garden.
- Bonide Diatomaceous Earth – A biological insect control for crawling insects.
- Bonide Infuse – A fungal control for lawns that prevents and treats fungal issues, such as lawn spot and rust.
- Bonide MoleMax – A castor oil based product that repels moles, voles, groundhogs, rabbits and more.
- Revenge Rodent Smoke Bombs – Easy to use smoke bombs designed to kill moles, gophers, ground squirrels and more.
- Rapid Test Soil pH Tests – Easy to use pH tests.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Soil Test – A soil test you send off to the Cooperative Extension for a comprehensive soil analysis. Bring your results into the Garden Center and we’ll get you everything you need to fix deficiencies or surpluses in your soil.
Throughout our 50 year history, we’ve learned a thing or two about lawn care and we’ve translated all that knowledge into handy, easy to follow Lawn Care Calendars so you know what and when your lawn needs something.