It’s the start of new month! Here’s a list of some products you might need to use in August.
If you’re planning on renovating your lawn this fall, start prepping now so you’re ready to start once the temperature begins to drop.
- KleenUp is a nonselective herbicide that kills weeds within just a few days and is out of your soil in 7 to 10 days. KleenUp can be used to spot treat problem areas or kill off your entire lawn to start fresh.
- Dr. Earth Weed Stop Organic Weed Killer is an organic alternative to KleenUp
- pH Test Strips to check your soil’s pH. Grasses prefer a pH between 6.2 and 7.0.
- Ma-I-Cal to raise your pH if it’s too low. One application raises your pH approximately one point.
- Weed Beater Ultra to control broadleaf weeds like dandelion and clover. You will need to wait 2 to 3 weeks to seed your lawn after applying Weed Beater.
- Jonathan Green Crabgrass Preventer can be applied to warm season lawns, as long as you aren’t planning on over-seeding with Annual Rye in the fall
Insect & Disease Control
Keep an eye on temperatures, most chemicals have temperature limits and should not be sprayed in temperatures above that limit.
- Neem Oil. Because it’s Organic, Neem Oil is perfect for control disease and insects on your veggies, herbs and fruits.
- Rose Shield to protect your plants against fungus, insects and mites. Best used on ornamental trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Copper Fungicide to quickly control fungal diseases like powdery mildew, rust, leaf curl and more.
- Rose Rx, a systemic control that protects plants for up to 6 weeks, meaning you spend less time spraying!
- Eight Insecticide to control multiple types of insects,
- Prep your beds now for fall gardening.
- Lobster Compost to add organic matter and amend clay or sandy soils.
- Preen to prevent weeds in your garden beds so you aren’t spending your summer hand-pulling them out later.
- Mulch your garden beds and around trees and shrubs. Not only does mulch make your garden look tidier, it also helps soil retain moisture and aids in the prevention of weeds.
Remember to thoroughly read your label to know how often you need to fertilize.
- Dr. Earth Life All Purpose Fertilizer for all your plant needs.
- Dr. Earth Homegrown Vegetable Fertilizer, formulated for vegetable and herbs to encourage healthy plants and large yields.
- Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer for your fruiting plants, from Apples and Peaches to Raspberries and Blueberries.
- Dr. Earth Total Advantage Rose & Flower Fertilizer for all flowering shrubs, perennials and annuals.
- Dr. Earth Exotic Blend Tropical Fertilizer for tropicals like Mandevilla, Hibiscus, Palms, and Elephant Ears.
- Dynamite Slow-Release Fertilizer for Flowers and Veggies. Use once when you plant and then sit back and relax, Dynamite will fertilize for up to 9 months!
- AlgaeFix kills algae quickly in both ponds and fountains.
- Simply Clear clarifies murky water with natural bacteria.
- Chlorine & Heavy Metal Neutralizer whenever you add water to your pond to remove harsh chemicals and metals.
- Microbe Lift adds beneficial bacteria to improve the conditions of your pond by removing pollutants.
- Koi Vibrance Fish Food to keep your fish fed. Hungry Koi are known to nibble on plant matter, so keep them fed and keep your plants uneaten!
- Raised Bed Soil for new and existing raised beds. Works great in containers too.
- Potting Soil for indoor containers, outdoor containers and hanging baskets.
- Root Stimulant to encourage new root development and prevent transplant shock in new plantings.
- Vole Bags to use around the root ball of your new plants to prevent hungry voles from chowing down on the root systems of new plants.