A list of what you might need in June.
- Infuse Fungicide at the first sign of fungal issues to prevent them from spreading.
- Jonathan Green Weed & Feed. It may be time for another dose of weed control and fertilizer if you didn’t do an application last month. Don’t use this month if you’re planning on putting down a Crabgrass Preventer too.
- Jonathan Green Crabgrass Preventer. Three months after your first application of Crabgrass Preventer, you can put down a second application to prevent crabgrass from cropping up over the summer. If you are planning on seeding this year, you need to wait 3 months to seed after the application of Crabgrass Preventer which will put your seeding timeframe in October.
- Sedgehammer Nutsedge Killer. Nutsedge usually starts showing up in June, so take care of it as soon as you spot it. Remember, never try to hand-pull Nutsedge as it will only encourage new growth
Insect & Disease Control
- Thuricide to control Bagworms and other caterpillars. It’s important to control Bagworms now, before they’ve built their bags. Once a Bagworm is in its bag, the only method of control is to hand pick them off the affected plant.
- Neem Oil. Because it’s Organic, Neem Oil is perfect for control disease and insects on your veggies, herbs and fruits.
- Rose Shield to protect your plants against fungus, insects and mites. Best used on ornamental trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Copper Fungicide to quickly control fungal diseases like powdery mildew, rust, leaf curl and more.
- Rose Rx, a systemic control that protects plants for up to 6 weeks, meaning you spend less time spraying!
- Eight Insecticide to control multiple types of insects, included the dreaded Japanese Beetle.
- Japanese Beetle Traps. June tends to be the month when Japanese Beetles arrive, so be sure to set out traps to lure them away from your favorite plants. Always set your traps at least 10 feet away from your desirable plants.
- Lobster Compost to add organic matter and amend clay or sandy soils.
- Preen to prevent weeds in your garden beds so you aren’t spending your summer hand-pulling them out later.
- Mulch your garden beds and around trees and shrubs. Not only does mulch make your garden look tidier, it also helps soil retain moisture and aids in the prevention of weeds.
- Dr Earth Life All Purpose Fertilizer for all your plant needs.
- Dr Earth Homegrown Vegetable Fertilizer, formulated for vegetable and herbs to encourage healthy plants and large yields.
- Dr Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer for your fruiting plants, from Apples and Peaches to Raspberries and Blueberries.
- Dr Earth Total Advantage Rose & Flower Fertilizer for all flowering shrubs, perennials and annuals.
- Dr Earth Exotic Blend Tropical Fertilizer for tropicals like Mandevilla, Hibiscus, Palms, and Elepant Ears.
- Dynamite Slow-Release Fertilizer for Flowers and Veggies. Use once when you plant and then sit back and relax, Dynamite will fertilize for up to 9 months!
- AlgaeFix kills algae quickly in both ponds and fountains.
- Simply Clear clarifies murky water with natural bacteria.
- Chlorine & Heavy Metal Neutralizer whenever you add water to your pond to remove harsh chemicals and metals.
- Microbe Lift adds beneficial bacteria to improve the conditions of your pond by removing pollutants.
- Koi Vibrance Fish Food to keep your fish fed. Hungry Koi are known to nibble on plant matter, so keep them fed and keep your plants uneaten!
- Raised Bed Soil for new and existing raised beds. Works great in containers too.
- Potting Soil for indoor containers, outdoor containers and hanging baskets.
- Root Stimulant to encourage new root development and prevent transplant shock in new plantings.
- Vole Bags to use around the root ball of your new plants to prevent hungry voles from chowing down on the root systems.